Systems Engineer (Linux Admin)
LegalZoom's infrastructure team is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure operations and maintaining the highest levels of uptime to support millions of users. Responsibilities include supporting LegalZoom systems infrastructure for high-availability and security, executing security compliance projects, and supporting 24/7/365 site operations. Our ideal candidate is an experienced LINUX systems engineer who thrives in fast-paced environments, enjoys multitasking, and is able to work independently or as part of a project team.
What you'll do:
- Provide system services support at an advanced level for security compliance projects to include server hardening for PCI.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining aspects of the systems infrastructure:
- VMWare administration including daily maintenance, P2V, building VMs, patching, etc.
- Linux RedHat, CentOS system administration, security and support
- Server administration (build/rebuilds, managing different "environments", networking, rack management, etc...)
- EMC SAN / NetApp NAS administration including iSCSI, CIFs, NFS, etc.
- Support functions in all company locations and data center co-location sites
- Perform analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation, documentation and administration of data center systems.
- Serve as technical troubleshooter on complex system problems including working with vendors of related equipment and services.
- Maintain system health monitoring and notification tools.
- Maintain server infrastructure hardware including ongoing software/firmware patches or upgrades, and capacity analysis.
- Document system architecture and topology.
- Support end users as required to provide a positive customer experience.
- Assist with other IT related special projects as determined by business need.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relative to system infrastructure.
- Coordinate with peer and contract-consulting staff to achieve project deliverables and time lines.
- 7+ years of industry systems experience.
- Technical knowledge of client/server technology, server virtualization, networking systems & solutions, middleware concepts, IT security, storage/SAN management, mission critical/high availability concepts, consolidation, data warehousing, cloud computing and Internet technologies.
- Focus on LINUX Red Hat and CentOS Server, SAN/NAS Storage, VMware.
- Communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate with customers on all levels
- Conceptual skills: able to perform in-depth systems analysis, recognizes problems, opportunities or underlying patterns and relationships. Is able to analyze requirements and translate them into priorities and action plans.
- Team player: Ability and willingness to motivate and mentor other consultants, act as change agent
- Independence and ownership: Work with a minimum of direct supervision or guidance from others.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience is required.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
We are unable to accept applicants who currently or in the future will require a work Visa.