At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a Lead Space Vehicle Electrical System Design Engineer to work on new and existing cutting edge space vehicle design in the Seal Beach, CA location. Boeing's Space and Launch Division manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
- Works with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Designs digital circuits and analyzes performance and parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay) and utilizes hardware description languages (e.g., Hardware Description Language [HDL], Verilog).
- Designs computer hardware and software components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces, high order languages), and models results (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Supports fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
This position requires an active/current Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
(A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5 or more years' experience in hardware design in both digital and analog circuits
3 or more years' experience working with processor based systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years' experience with digital interfaces such as LVDS, Spacewire, Fibre Channel, RS-422, 1553, SRIO
- 3 or more years' of experience with analysis tools such as Matlab, SPICE
- Software experience and FPGA HDML programming language
- Experience in Project Management desired.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.