Lead Software Engineer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Ready for a challenge! iHerb is looking to add a talented Lead Software Engineer to our growing Data Science Team. The Data Science team is responsible for providing scalable solution for search and discovery and personalized recommendation of products to a diverse global customer base across multiple platforms. In collaboration with Data Scientist you will be able to improve user’s search experience through implementing solutions customized for diverse languages supported by iHerb. In this role you will be building a software as a service solution consisting of complex modules (e.g. product search, blog search, auto-suggestion, etc.) that handles high traffic coming across the globe through many platforms. The focus is on scalability, usability, and performance as well as integration with machine learning models to enhance user’s search experience.
- Strong Software Engineering background
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong knowledge of and ability to communicate Software Architecture and Design Principles
- Proven track record in being a technical lead of software projects from inception to release
- 7+ years of professional experience in software engineering using open source or .NET platforms
- Experience building large scale, high traffic web applications
- Hands on experience in design and implementation of distributed systems such as Micro Services, Containerization, etc.
- Hands on experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or similar search engine technologies
- Hands on experience with Big Data processing technologies such as Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Strong knowledge in CI/CD systems
- Experience with source control systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with search engines over non-English languages (is a plus)
- Experience in productionizing Machine Learning solutions (is a plus)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- A strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working in a fast paced environment
Having an Agile mindset and being accountable for my role in the business
Producing quality work error free
Having the opportunity to collaborate with peers
Open and honest communication with the best interests of the business in mind
With ablity to use sound judgement and reasoning skills in order to resolve, identify or escalate issues
In environments that are essential to my job that may require me to sit, stand, walk, reach and move about the facility
Successfully working in an environment that has moderate noise
In an office setting
Extended hours as required
M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related quantitative discipline required. Ph.D. highly preferred.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!