Lead Software Engineer
Assembled Brands is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our team. As the first member of the technology team, you will leverage your full-stack software development experience to drive automation and innovation at Assembled Brands.
The Lead Software Engineer will have deep hands-on experience in building web based software solutions and will be responsible for all aspects of product development from definition to delivery.
About the Company
Assembled Brands provides working capital to emerging consumer brands that are demonstrating traction in the marketplace. As founders, we know the passion, creativity, and commitment it takes to give life to a brand. As operators, we know the key metrics that drive business success. As investors, we combine credit and equity across all stages of growth with flexible terms and capital from our own balance sheet.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and build new features, enhancements, and infrastructure updates
- Test, deploy, and monitor changes on test and production environments
- Establish and drive the architectural vision of the platform
- Collaborate with the appropriate teams to assess and recommend technologies that support the company's organizational strategic goals
- Help drive overall software development and release cadences
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in professional software development
- Lean/agile software development experience
- Spring Boot
- Experience with automated testing (e.g. JUnit, Mockito, WireMock)
- Familiarity with SQL databases and query languages
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Great communication skills
- Experience with building and operating software in the cloud (AWS preferred, or a similar cloud platform)
- Ability to write clear and concise tests just as quickly as production code
- Familiarity with build tools and automation in software engineering - such as in Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD) environments