Lead Software Engineer - Platform Services at NEXT Trucking
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:16 p.m. (PST) on Friday, February 14, 2020
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
The Platform Services team is responsible for the core domains in our micro-service architecture that are used across all Application Development teams, including accounts/auth, communications channels, and shared metadata stores. In addition, the team also develops the frameworks and APIs to enable integration of our customers and partners with the NEXT platform. As the Lead Engineer on this team, you will play a critical role in the development of a suite of scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use components that will accelerate our delivery velocity. Your team will have an impact across the entire breadth of our product portfolio.
To be successful, in addition to a strong technical background, you must also be an excellent communicator in all dimensions: able to truly listen and understand the most important challenges across the product development org, while also being a champion and evangelist for the right technical solutions. Furthermore, you will act as a servant-leader who can help your team grow and develop, fostering a positive and collaborative culture.
What You'll Do
- Recruit and lead a team of 4-6 engineers
- Work closely with our Application Development teams and Product Managers to understand business requirements, in order to develop platform capabilities that can deliver immediate value while supporting the long-term product vision
- Lead the design and implementation of integrations with our customers and partners
- Own the entire lifecycle of projects, from initial estimate, technical design, implementation, deployment, to post-launch follow-up.
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry and the top-level business goals for the company, and align technology initiatives with these priorities
What You'll Have
- 7+ years relevant engineering work experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience
- Track record of leadership and helping your team/peers grow
- Strong communications skills, and ability to influence/educate across the entire org
- Ability to translate business requirements to complete technical designs
- Familiarity with Java and Spring Framework
- Familiarity with distributed systems and related design patterns
- Experience with test automation frameworks, including integration, end-to-end, and load testing
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience
- Practical experience with CI/CD concepts and related tooling
- Familiarity with Docker and container platforms (Kubernetes / Mesos / ECS)
- Open-source development experience
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
NEXT Trucking may collect your contact information, professional or employment-related history, and other identifiers which shall be used for the purpose of job applications.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description