Lead Software Engineer - Golang/Microservices at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:01 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 29, 2019
As a Technical Lead Engineer, you will:
- Coordinate and communicate across teams that span several areas of the business, including mobile, web, retail, and fulfillment
- Tackle large projects related to deconstructing a Rails using composable microservices and serverless components
- Enhance the existing backend systems to improve overall aspects related to high-traffic mobile and web applications
- Identify current and future performance bottlenecks and bugs through simulated load-testing and chaos engineering concepts
- Accurately estimate and be responsible for timely delivery of reliable and high quality code using testable patterns
- Provide mentorship and support to the rest of the team through code reviews and other team processes
We're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- Recent experience developing services using Golang, preferably using built-in concurrency patterns
- Strong background with distributed and event-driven architectures, preferably in containerized cloud-native environments such as AWS
- Recent experience with both relational and NoSQL databases, as well as caching patterns with Redis and Memcached
- Experience with Ruby on Rails preferred, specifically with ActiveModel and ActiveJob or similar asynchronous job processing patterns
- Stays up-to-date with emerging technologies, with the ability to accurately assess technological risk within enterprise production environments
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description