Lead Software Engineer (Cognitive Technologies)
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
We’re currently in the early stages of developing our Innovations team responsible for the ideation and creation of AI related solutions across AAA’s products and services. We are looking for ambitious, empathic, and collaborative technology enthusiasts to assist in our Chatbot initiatives to build meaningful and valuable Virtual Assistants for our members. Future initiatives will expand across various cognitive technology solutions across the organization.
- Build Chatbots, Virtual Assistants, and other various cognitive services and service integrations
- Build API’s, Frameworks, and Abstraction layers
- Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed
- Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of various software applications
- Act as the team liaison and mentor for all members on the development team
- Evaluate strategies and make recommendations on changes and improvements
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on different platforms
- Consult with other team members and implements solutions in-line with the departments’ visions
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives)
- 5+ years of professional experience in mobile (iOS or Android) and or web application development
- Experience leading and mentoring development teams
- Experience building scalable, optimal performance web/mobile applications
- Experience building any cognitive technologies, such as, Chatbot or virtual assistants a plus
- Experience within Cloud Computing Environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps. Git and Jenkins is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE protocols and standards a plus.
- Good understanding of both front-end and server side components
- User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset
- Experience working within a rapid prototype environment desired
- Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add values and make a difference
- Experience working closely with QA, UI/UX and various other business teams
- Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.