Lead Security Engineer/Architect
WE HELP MEDICAL PRACTICES THRIVE!
Running a medical practice is difficult. That's why at PatientPop we have been dedicated since 2014 to helping doctors grow, modernize and streamline their practice. Along the way we've managed to create an amazing culture that was named one of Built In Los Angeles 's Top 100 Digital Companies in LA. Our dog friendly office is located 2 blocks from the beach, around the corner from 3rd Street Promenade. These are just a few of the things that made us certified as a Great Place to Work® for 2017.
But all of this is meaningless without great people, we are looking for a Lead Security Engineer/Architect with experience at a startup or early stage company that can help us build out our next phase of growth by working with our partner's software to create integrations solutions.
How will you contribute to PatientPop?
This role will impact our organization by being the team subject matter expert in security practices, controls, and automation. We need a player who is a problem solver, who can work with all aspects of the organization to help create a culture of security. In this role, you will be
- Growing a risk-based security program throughout the organization, with an emphasis on application development.
- Evangelizing security and raising awareness of the top threats to the business
- Working with development teams to advise on security matters, conduct threat assessments, and provide educational material on secure development practices
- Advancing the security program however possible, including building automation
- Evaluating security products, and recommending purchases
Who will be successful in this role?
We are looking for someone with a passion for Security that loves working with people. The ability to plan, organize, execute priorities to meet business goals, and achieve results is key to success in this role. This role requires a outcome-driven, results individual, who can collaborate with multiple internal/eternal partners/stakeholders to drive our security needs. You will be expected to:
- Be personable. PatientPop has an excellent people culture, and any new hire needs to be a good team fit.
- Have a background in Security Engineering, Software Development, Dev. Ops., or Quality Assurance Automation.
- Understand application development and application security
- Be familiar with browser security controls
- Be familiarity with AWS. This includes AWS security tools, performing audits, and IAM policies for various services.
- Have an understanding of Authentication and Authorization standards such as OIDC, OAUTH2, SAML, and the changing landscape of authentication.
- Have the ability to program in an object oriented language such as python, go or other. Functional programming always welcome
You get extra points if you have:
- OSCP (most valued)
- ISC2 certifications, CISSP, CSSLP
- ISACA certifications, CISM, etc.
- Active involvement in security community
Why does this matter to us?
To win and keep our customers’ love, we obsess over performance - helping practices attract new patients. Our beautiful products (yes we said beautiful) depend on our ability to remain best in class as we grow. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for greatness and can work with us to continue our legacy of solutions of the highest quality.
Founded in 2014, PatientPop was conceived with one simple goal in mind: Help medical practices grow through leading-edge tools and automation. We help them get everything they need to attract and recall patients, plus grow their online reputation. We are the first growth-focused marketing platform that accelerates new patient growth by automating practice marketing and eliminating the need for dedicated marketing resources. Which allows them to effortlessly provide a great patient experience.
PatientPop, Inc is an EOE M/F/D/V employer. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws , including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.