Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than eight million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
As the Lead QA Engineer, you will oversee the end to end testing infrastructure that covers the Dave mobile app available for iOS and android, as well as other apps and services. You will work with engineering managers, developers and QA engineers to maintain, improve and evolve the existing CICD testing process.
We are looking for someone who can bring tried and true automation, testing framework, and infrastructure technical experience to drive the company initiative of emphasizing automation over manual testing. The ideal candidate is excited to mentor other QA engineers at Dave. He/she should be able to identify gaps in our testing strategy, and collaborate with developers to create comprehensive end to end coverage for the apps and services at Dave.
- Work with engineering leadership to maintain and improve regression testing suites for the apps and services at Dave
- Handle current mobile app release process, and continue to find improvements with mobile CI
- Emphasise automation over manual testing, and drive the efforts to increase coverage in existing mobile app regression testing suite
- Mentor other QA engineers in testing and automation best practices
- Spread the knowledge to other QA engineers of testing framework, infrastructure and CICD implementation fitting the requirements of company scaling initiatives
- Participate and set standards in code review process with other QA engineers across squads
- Surface testing needs, and collaborate with product, engineering managers, squad members to address tech debt
- Triage and debug issues reported by internal teams
- Work to build and maintain test framework for frontend and backend tests
- 5+ years of automation testing experience
- 5+ years of QA experience in agile / scrum environments
- 5+ years of experience testing web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Expert knowledge in building, maintaining and troubleshooting CI/CD pipelines like CircleCI and github actions.
- Expert knowledge in writing test cases and using test case management software (TestRail)
- Expert knowledge in testing APIs (Postman)
- Experience using Git, GitHub, and Jira
- Experience using web debugging proxy tools (Charles Proxy)
- Comfortable using the command line
- Experience in building a test strategy for testing a micro-service architecture, pub-sub, 3rd party integrations based applications
- Experience with load/stress testing for large scale B2C apps
- Experience with fastlane a nice to have!
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.