Lead Mobile Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Mobile Engineer, responsible for leading the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS and Android devices specifically mobile phones and tablets. You will be working alongside our world class mobile engineering team, including Product Managers who define the behavior of the application. Our apps have been featured several times by Apple, and JibJab was presented at the WWDC 2016 keynote to showcase iMessage Applications. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Ability to Lead and mentor our mobile teams (both local and remote)
- Contribute to our iOS codebase (code contribution to Android is a plus)
- Work with Product Manager to help prioritize work to execute our roadmap
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of our applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and build upon our test suite
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams to successfully release world class apps to the App Store and Play Store
- Proficient with latest version of Swift and Kotlin
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, Autolayout, SwiftUI, StoreKit, as well as their Android counterparts.
- Experience with architecture patterns like MVC.
- Experience with offline caching, synchronization, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with networking frameworks and RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services.
- Understanding of Apple’s and Google’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Published several apps in App and Play store
- Experience with third-party libraries, and identifying trade offs using them.
- Experience with OpenGL and Metal is a plus!
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field is preferred.
- We are not considering remote applicants at this time.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- Down-to-earth, genuinely nice, and wickedly smart team of colleagues
- Casual, fun, work-hard/play-hard environment
- Free laundry service – yes, you read that right!
- Your job is to make people HAPPY! What better karma could you ask for?