Lead Mobile Engineer
Who are we?
Sense360 is a Series A startup that is funded by prominent VC funds such as FirstMark Capital (Airbnb, Pinterest, Riot Games) and Upfront Ventures (Maker, TrueCar). Our data insights have been referenced by many publications including Bloomberg and CNBC. Sense360 was founded by successful repeat entrepreneurs.
We are transforming the way businesses make decisions by combining massive, disparate datasets and turning them into accessible, actionable, and accurate insights that drive the strategic decisions that brands make.
What will you do?
You will be the owner of our Android SDK and architect for supporting systems. You will also help architect our iOS SDK. Our SDKs are the core of our business. You will need to solve problems in which solutions cannot be found on StackOverflow. This is not your traditional mobile dev role. Think of this role as a "back-end mobile engineer" role because the bulk of the challenges will involve developing features that run continuously in the background rather than building user interfaces. In addition, you will need to meet these challenges in a battery-efficient and privacy-friendly manner.
1. Real time surveys: Today we survey users a few days after they leave a restaurant. We want send surveys to users shortly after they physically leave a restaurant.
2. Improving our on-device visit detection algorithms: Working with our data science team, you will be tasked with improving the accuracy of our visit detection algorithms that fuse sensor readings on the phone in a stable, battery-efficient and privacy-friendly manner.
3. Automate sensor data collection and verification: You will architect an automated verification system for testing our sensor data collection system and how it behaves across device types, platforms and OS versions.
What do we look for?
See Sense360's culture deck here. Engineers who thrive at Sense360 have a few key traits:
- Care about their work, their team and their company
- Heavy bias towards delivering value
- Expect their ideas to be challenged because they believe that the best ideas can come from anywhere
- View feedback as a gift that they give and receive
- 5+ years Android experience and expert knowledge of the Android platform
- willingness to lead architecture on both Android and iOS, as well as backend systems that support the SDKs
- ability to solve complex, ambiguously defined problems
- solid CS and testing fundamentals
- strong communication with engineers and non-engineers
- experience working in a startup or an extremely strong desire to do so
Willing to relocate within the US. Willing to sponsor visas.