Lead Java Engineer
Lead Java Engineer (Ad Server)
The internet is experiencing a transformation – ad blindness and blocking are forcing media companies and advertisers to rethink the way they connect with consumers. This evolution is changing the way we consume content and how we interact with brands. Nativo is enabling this shift by developing the new technologies, data insights, and best practices that will power this next generation of media and advertising.
Nativo is seeking a Lead Java Engineer to join our Engineering team in El Segundo, CA. The primary focus for the Lead Software Engineer will be working on Nativo’s Ad Server and Exchange (RTB) systems. This position presents many technical challenges to solve in the areas of high scalability and high availability architecture, distributed web server systems, extremely low latency web servers, etc. The engineering team is using agile methodologies and continuous integration tools as part of its development process.
What you’ll do:
- Focus on leading design and improvements of Nativo’s Ad Server & RTB Exchange built for high availability and high performance
- Code reviews with the team
- Work on a native advertising platform that integrates multiple 3rd party ad servers and data providers
- Work with Nativo’s big data engineering team to integrate data onto our big data infrastructure
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong, disciplined skills in Java (at least 10 years of experience)
- Experience with high throughput, low latency web server-based products
- Experience with distributed (cross data centers) web applications (large scale distributed data stores, data replications, etc.)
- Experience managing teams (at least 3 years)
- Experience in advertising technologies is a must
- Experience with Real Time Bidding (RTB)/SSP is a plus
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to utilize team strengths to execute with minimal supervision
What we offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo, the leading content advertising technology platform, empowers brand advertisers and publishers to reach consumers and measure their engagement with content. For brands, Nativo provides the ultimate technology for intelligently deploying content at scale. For media companies, Nativo is a complete tech stack built from the bottom-up to deliver content and native placements within publisher sites. From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Nativo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, or to any Nativo employees. Nativo will not pay fees to any third part agency firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.