Lead Front-End Engineer
Greater LA Area
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 1,200 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
The team at NuORDER is hiring for a hands-on Lead front-end software engineer to be the foundation of a new team - to design new systems, hire great people, and drive company success.
You're going to work on major parts of our growing platform, and will be joining our amazing, friendly, and diverse team, learning and helping others to learn something new every day. Engineers at NuORDER work closely with the product and design team, and think about problems from our customers' perspective to devise the best solutions.
- 6+ years of software development
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Ideally a solid understanding of modern front-end technology - we use React
- Strong experience with any of the following technologies: Go, Node.js, Java, Bigtable, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, gRPC
- Test driven development, experience with large projects.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team player, enjoy learning and teaching.
- CS degree, preferred.
- Provide ownership to a variety of projects
- Mentor junior developers
- Scale the department as well as technology
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of both frontend and backend technologies and architecture (RESTful API design, message driven applications, micro-services, relational and non-relational databases, big data, scalability, security, etc)
- Experience with large applications in GCP and/or AWS.
- DevOps experience - Kubernetes, GCP, AWS
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.
As a NuORDER employee, you can expect a variety of learning and development opportunities and a plethora of snacks, coffee, and sparkling water in our fully stocked kitchen! In addition, it’s not unusual for us to have Bagel Fridays, free lunches, game nights, and happy hours to bond as a team!
Read Full Job Description