Lead Front End Engineer
Interested in the gig? Here's what you'll do:
- Build features for JOANY and internal apps (We use React and Redux)
- Write modular and reusable CSS that can be framed
- Test and optimize models, frameworks, and services that power frontend applications
- Work with React and helping build and improve our browser extension and website
- Collaborate with Design and UX to create and iterate on customer-facing tools
- Manage deliverables against deadlines and milestones with the engineering and product teams
- Effectively document and communicate results to the broader engineering team
- Bring your unique point of view to code reviews
- Stay up to date on the latest of front end engineering
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of front end development experience with CSS and JS
- Proficiency with one of the big JS frameworks such as: Backbone, Angular 1 or 2, React, Vue, etc.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Familiarity with working with a styleguide
- Flexible mindset to pitch in and do what’s needed to drive success
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off