The Jr. Software developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Jr. Software Developer develops high quality solutions across different platforms under the direction of senior members of the development team.
- Responsible for the development of new features, functionality, bug fixes, etc. under direction from senior members of the team.
- Must be a team player that is willing to engage in discussions around proposed solutions as well as provide constructive feedback.
- Responsible for reporting status of development tasks through daily standups and project tracking tools.
- Assists the senior developers with estimates and schedules to accomplish software release goals.
- Adheres to the SDLC policy.
- Writes code according to design specifications.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Partner with our Product Owners, and Development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Self starter with a Go-Getter mentality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Object oriented programming
- Working knowledge of C# , .Net or Java
- Knowledge and experience of software development throughout the entire lifecycle
- General working knowledge of source control and release management best practices
- Basic Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of Database design and implement
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience with software development, or relevant University experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields