Java and Cloud Data Engineer
SteelHouse technology pushes the limits of application development taking advantage of the latest open source software with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands.
Our microservices handle over hundreds of millions requests per day, upon which a platform for real-time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. We heavily utilize open source technology and in-house solutions to meet the low latency demands of rapid response advertising.
- Design and help build a robust, scalable, customer-facing data pipeline using cloud-based technologies for SteelHouse customers to access at time 24/7
- Design and execute a plan for migrating data from existing in-house databases and ETL tools to a new cloud-based platform.
- Optimize and enhance existing products and Java services as well as SQL procedures as need
- 3-7 years of Java experience
- Excellent SQL skills in writing queries, dissecting stored procedures and designing databases
- Recent AWS or GCP experience (preferably in the data management tool offerings).
- Experience using GIT and GITHUB
- Knowledge of Java testing and how to write effective unit & functional test cases
- Experience reading, enhancing, and documenting legacy systems in Java
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Bachelors or Masters of Computer Science
Nice to haves:
- Python, Scala experience, postgres and/or greenplum experience
- Direct experience moving from a hosted data warehouse and reporting system to a near real-time, or highly performant, cloud-based system.
SteelHouse provides advertising software for direct marketers, agencies, and brands of all sizes. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite provides marketers with everything they need to launch retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social. The SteelHouse Creative Suite lets anyone create beautiful ads using the content around them. Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.
Did We Mention the Gig Comes with a Few Perks?
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside - in our LA location