IT Systems Engineer at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for The Trade Desk’s global Collaboration, Enterprise and Identity systems. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader who is energized by hands on involvement in technology. Additional responsibilities include:
- Administers, maintains, recommends and is responsible for
- Internal directory service management and architecture, Cloud-based single sign on, proactive service health focus (Monitoring, patching, backups)
- Enterprise Application management of on premise and/or third party hosted solutions.
- Collaboration systems (VoIP, Unified Communications, Hosted Email, Cloud File Management, Meeting Room Collaboration and Print/Scan solutions.)
- Endpoint & Mobile Device Management Solutions
- Contributes as a technical project resource for global Collaboration, Enterprise and Identity system projects across a mixed Windows and OSX environment (80%/20%)
- Demonstrated experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, WINS) certificates and directory authentication integrations
- Participates in security incident response processes and activities as appropriate.
- Leverages best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issue resolution; ability to provide status updates and reports
- Creates and maintains efficient documentation for IT Standards, Policies, Procedures and KB
- Operationalize processes that can be performed by the Operations Team.
- Provides tier-3 helpdesk support for domain area as needed
- Maintains a high quality of technical support to ensure effective productivity for the management, established employees, and future THE TRADE DESK team members.
- Maintains a high level of communication and positive professional relations with our current and/or future vendors and suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT field required; Microsoft certification desired but not required with demonstrated experience
- Five to eight years of experience in a similar hands-on engineering role working with:
- Multi-site Active Directory & best practice, replication management, group policy objects, Domain trusts, Federation and Disaster recovery planning
- Hosted Exchange, email best practice, day to day email management, configuration management, public folders, email archive, e-discovery and Disaster recovery planning
- Two to five years experience working with:
- Azure Active Directory, Office 365, AD Connect, Powershell
- Enterprise Cloud file storage services (Dropbox, Box or OneDrive)
- Unified Communications (Slack, Cisco Jabber, Cisco VoIP)
- Meeting management software (Zoom, Go to Meeting)
- Cloud-based single sign on experience with Azure AD or similar technology
- Any Mobile Device Management platform, to include provisioning and creation of mobile device policies
- Microsoft patch management / deployment
- Network management tools (Meraki)
- Experience with supporting international users desired
- Previous experience working at a startup is preferred
- Prior experience working with the ITIL framework in a SOX regulated environment is highly desired
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
- Strong customer service and presentation skills
- Able to analyze customer needs and reach acceptable solutions
- Comprehension and adherence to company procedures and policies required
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either independently or as a team member
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems required
- Conduct that supports the company’s ethics, core values, and compliance programs
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day
- Position requires the ability to speak and hear 50% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisor or management
- Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Regular Hours: Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, five days per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Overtime: Must be available and willing to work such overtime per week as we determine is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Weekend and Holiday: Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet THE TRADE DESK business needs.
- Will be required to carry a company-funded smart phone and expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may require remote or occasional on-site support.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.