WELL is a fully integrated patient communication platform that enables enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to communicate with patients securely across any channel, including text messaging, email, telephone, and live-chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to seamlessly converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and was recently rated the category leader for Patient Engagement Software by G2 Crowd. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and powers best-in-class experiences for more than 7,000 healthcare professionals and 5 million patients nationwide.
Behind the scenes, health systems have hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of different systems that must communicate with one another. At WELL, we connect with the systems in the hospital that need to communicate to patients. A integration engineer is responsible for ensuring all of our live client integrations are maintained and supported. You resolve integration defects, troubleshoot potential bugs, and make enhancements to integrations. You will have opportunities to engage with clients, assist in new integration design, and develop integrations with clients. If you enjoy a spectrum of deep technical work and client engagement, this is the role for you.
- Leverage the Mirth Integration Engine and the AWS platform to investigate, diagnose, and solve customer integration issues
- Assist in monitoring the health of the integration platform, proactively working to remediate problems which will impact system performance, message delivery, or availability
- Effectively communicate technical issues with clients in non-technical language
- Develop solutions to integrations bugs
- Work with account managers and client support to ensure all customer integrations are stable
- Bring Growth and Enterprise Client Integrations Live. Includes scoping, developing, testing, and deploying integrations to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, math, or a related field
- Deep experience in at least one programming language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A desire to learn software engineering skills and best practices
- A passion for managing data and connecting systems
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare integration engineering role
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office