Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
What You'll Do:
- Know Bird vehicles inside and out, always aware of the latest changes to our systems.
- Troubleshoot vehicle issues which can involve mechanical, electro-mechanical, electrical, and cloud platform systems.
- Debug vehicle architecture from nuts and bolts, to firmware and communication systems.
- Solve complex problems at speed, ensuring we stay on track to hit aggressive growth targets.
- Synthesize complex problems in real-time and escalate to appropriate stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop and implement procedures to reduce downtime in the future
- Leverage analytics and reporting to ensure products are meeting expectation.
- Be part of an on-call shift to respond quickly to issues that may arise in our production, repair, or assembly facilities.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a high-growth environment.
- Understanding of electro-mechanical systems, including embedded systems, firmware, electric motors, and control systems.
- Degree in engineering preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in crisis.
- Proven experience reacting to technical issues, finding the root cause and taking corrective action.
- Fluent with technology products across IoT, distributed system, product development, and analytics.
- Excellent people skills, 'on the shop floor' attitude, hands on.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description