Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Our Engineering team works on the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time. Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure.
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying applications and reports using various technologies in a hybrid cloud environment in AWS and GCE.
- Writing complex SQL queries.
- Need to be able to easily switch between client-side and server-side technologies.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Working with product owners, fellow engineers and operations team members.
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science.
- Experience with minimum any one of OOP related languages like Java or C#, etc.
- Experience with web services or RESTful services or micro-services.
- Experience with databases like MySQL or SQL Server or Oracle or Postgres.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn newer technologies.
- Must be a team player.
- Good sense of humor.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Exposure or understanding to GoLang.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies like GCE, AWS.
- Exposure to container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies.
- Exposure or understanding of caching technologies like EHCache, Redis, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of queuing / pub-sub technologies like Amazon SNS/SQS, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure to project management software like JIRA, Asana, Rally, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of mobile application development using Xamarin or React Native.
- Exposure or understanding of Content Delivery Network like AWS CloudFront, Akamai, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of cloud storage like S3, GCS, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of APM technologies like AppDynamics, New Relic, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of monitoring technologies like Sensu, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.