Full-Stack Software Engineer
DRINKS (www.drinks.com) connects retailers, brands, and marketplaces to the $250 billion alcohol market. The company's innovative Wine as a Service (WaaS) platform enables its partners to bring adult beverages safely and conveniently to their customers across the United States in 1-2 days. DRINKS optimizes alcohol e-commerce with its patented DRINKS IQ technology, which empowers retailers to leverage AI-based predictive merchandising and marketing to personalize customer experiences. DRINKS was named a top place to work by Built In LA for the last four years, one of America's Best Employers by Forbes for the past two years, and was recognized as the Most Innovative Retail Model by Modern Retail in 2020.
Working at DRINKS
At DRINKS, you'll get the good parts of working for a large company (first-rate health plans and benefits, remote work, highly competitive compensation packages) with the advantages of working at a rapidly growing (influence and impact in your role, broad responsibilities, and a high degree of flexibility). Our culture encourages a healthy work-life balance and we empower employees to think like owners, because they are (when they participate in our generous stock option plan)! DRINKS rewards excellence, promotes career development, and celebrates diverse perspectives that inspire creativity and drive innovation.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer with a strong emphasis on unit and integration testing of our systems. Completing assignments to further our test coverage will be a major focus of this role, but you will also be given opportunities to create and enhance system features as well.
The role demands high attention to detail, professionalism, and a methodical and technical approach to the execution of software in a cloud-based environment. The position is a member of a high performing agile team which is focused on delivering features; the output from this team goes into production and makes a difference in moving the company forward. The ideal candidate is required to have ruby experience as a Full-Stack Software Engineer.
What You'll Do
• Become a member of agile development team
• Add testing coverage
• Develop software (both front end and back-end) in an open team environment
• Actively participate in daily code review sessions
• Share best practices and be open to alternative technology implementations
• Take on special projects as necessary
• Experience with RSpec, Selenium and testing methodologies
• Ability to collaborate with engineering team as well as work independently on projects
• Exceptional time management and ability to problem solve under pressure
• Excellent judgment skills and team working abilities
• Strong verbal/written communication skills & excellent attention to detail
• Flexibility in work schedule as needs arise
• Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Ruby, Rails, React
• MySQL / PostgreSQL
• Vagrant & Docker
Bonus points for
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience at ap or similar fast-paced tech environment
• A passion for wine!