Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Our Engineering team works on the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time. Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure.
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying applications and reports using various technologies.
- Writing complex SQL queries.
- Need to be able to easily switch between server-side and client-side technologies.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Working with product owners, QA engineers and fellow engineers.
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related field. Masters preferred.
- Strong foundation in computer science.
- Experience with OOP and related languages like Java or C#.
- Strong background in computer science: algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and distributed systems.
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Experience with databases like MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience with agile methodologies and exposure to any one of the project tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Mingle, AtTask, Asana or similar.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to learn newer technologies.
- Good sense of humor and a team player.
- Exposure to ORMs like Hibernate, Entity Framework, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, DynamoDB, Aerospike or similar technologies.
- Exposure or understanding of caching technologies like EHCache, Redis, Memcache etc.
- Exposure or understanding of queuing / pub-sub technologies like Amazon SNS, Google pub/sub, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of APM technologies like AppDynamics, New Relic, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of monitoring technologies like Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies like GCE, AWS or Azure.
- Exposure to container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Nice to haveSkills:
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.