Full Stack Engineer - MyPlate
MyPlate is one of the top apps in the health and fitness space with over 500,000 monthly users and over 12 million downloads to date. Our team is located in Santa Monica, CA, and we’re looking for the next generation of tech leaders who understand that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building and extending our services for our native iOS, Android, and web applications and building new, robust, and highly dynamic web user interfaces. If you're seeking an environment where you can have ownership, continue to learn, advance your career, and have a direct impact on the daily lives of our users let’s have a conversation.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
What You'll Do:
- Take technical ownership of our REST-oriented architecture supporting our mobile and web applications.
- Be an exemplary consumer of your own services as you create intuitive and robust user interfaces for our web applications while working closely with other service consumers such as our native iOS and Android apps.
- Design and code new features, write scalable services, build maintainable user interfaces, and work closely with other engineers and leads to maintain tech visions.
- Engage in technical planning to influence the direction of our software and organization.
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in designing, developing and delivering engaging user experiences on customer web sites and portals.
- Significant experience and in depth knowledge of PHP, object-oriented programming, design patterns, and frameworks. Other technologies such ElasticSearch, MongoDB, NodeJS, Redis, and GIT are all pluses.
- Understanding and strong foundation in MySQL and relational databases.
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and scale web applications in an agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.