Route is helping people discover and celebrate the world's brands through a completely reimagined e-commerce marketplace that directly connects and empowers both consumers and brands.
Route’s unique platform takes a holistic approach to online shopping, rethinking the consumer experience from discovery to delivery via the Route app, while offering a suite of features that provides merchants the tools necessary to enhance the overlooked post-purchase experience. Since launching in 2018, Route has built a network of over 1.5 million app users and 7,000 merchants. The company has offices in Lehi, UT and Los Angeles, CA. For more information go to route.com
About the Role
Route is looking for Full Stack Software Engineers for its Growth Team. These team members are responsible for building the experiences that help people discover and celebrate the world's best brands and products!
As part of a team providing high-quality first touch experiences to our customers. You will be building experiences that focus on the acquisition and retention of users. We are looking for engineers who can not only tackle tough technical problems but also collaborate and evangelize best practices across teams. We value engineers who can bring fresh ideas and that are willing to own and solve problems all the way to a solution. They need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup culture where there is a tremendous opportunity and the change that comes with it.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and improve frontend and backend software
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Embody a culture of innovation, transparency, and radical candor
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Interest and ability to learn other languages as needed
- Experience building web applications in a modern framework (React, Angular, Svelte, etc)
- Experience with one or more of the following: AWS, SaaS software systems, microservices, REST API design
- NodeJS and/or Golang experience is a plus
- Experience contributing to architecture decisions on systems with high security, reliability, and scalability requirements
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc is a plus
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in a data-driven environment including AB testing, and optimizing experiences based on real user feedback
Must be willing to relocate to Santa Monica, CA or Lehi, UT now or in the near future.
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.