Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
SUMMARY/ABOUT THE JOB
Frontend Software Engineers at Anduril build out our front end features and tooling, deploy them to users, and help ensure our experiences meet users' requirements. There is no shortage of front end challenges here. Frontend engineers are responsible for thinking deeply about how to intuitively represent complex data to mission operators who may need to make critical decisions under extreme pressure. This might involve engineering the most efficient way to stream live radar data from multiple devices into a performant web based map UI, or coming up with a 3D visualizer for understanding where a threat is in 3D space in real time. Our customers range from security agents to soldiers who need to make important decisions quickly, and we take front end seriously.
You will be working alongside a team of engineers with diverse backgrounds. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company today and into the future. We are looking for outcome-oriented individuals who balance between prototyping a new workflow/experience and solidifying the existing tech. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale — being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
The ideal candidate has curiosity and experience in backend systems as well so that you can understand and contribute to it in support of your frontend responsibilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with design and product to build and test new user experiences to enhance our front end applications
- Deploy and support our applications in real world test, demo, and deployment scenarios
- Quickly iterate with end users to solve bugs and ship improvements quickly
- Build tooling to improve the front end development experience
- Experience working on frontend web applications
- Proficiency with modern web tooling
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints
- Ability to create and work with complex data models, especially for live streaming data, to create better user experiences
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!