Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
As a Growth Engineer at Dave, you will be iterating on our core product to help drive activation, conversion, retention, and expansion. You will work on a cross-functional team that owns the full stack, tackle projects related to scaling acquisition of new Dave customers to boost conversion rates in the mobile app and work with the Growth team on experimentation. This role is exciting for engineers who are able to apply an entrepreneurial mindset to their day-to-day, enjoy working cross-functionally to master the ins and outs of the business, and then use that knowledge to guide their work leading growth initiatives through strategic engineering.
You are able to dive into both qualitative and quantitative data, build up a deep understanding of customers, and stay nimble as the team charts a course towards success. You’re comfortable driving feature delivery end to end and pivoting the strategy and be creative with decisions working closely with the Growth team and design, seeking maximum impact.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the Growth team to outline A/B testing hypotheses and ideas.
- Work closely with Growth team to identify and own KPIs for activation funnels.
- Create and optimize activation funnels and landing pages to boost conversion rates.
- Be part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high-quality code to production that powers the business.
- Work within the Optimizely testing suite to deliver experiments.
What experience you'll bring
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a software engineer
- 2+ years of data-driven development
- You enjoy developing features on an experimental basis, knowing that while some may succeed many will fail.
- You get strong satisfaction from moving key business metrics with your work.
- You built or used A/B testing tools and are deeply familiar with statistical significance and common types of statistical bias.
- You delivered personalized experiences using segmentation, clustering, and data modeling.
- You have strong SQL skills, and are experienced with statistical data analysis, data visualization, data integration, and manipulating large data sets.
- Bonus: You're familiar with tools like Optimizely, Amplitude
- Bonus: You're fluent with web technologies, such as Typescript, NodeJS, Docker
- Bonus: You’re fluent with mobile technologies, such as Deep Links, Universal Links, Push Notifications
- Bonus: Jupyter Notebooks, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Mode Analytics, Snowflake
- Bonus: Machine Learning, Multi-Armed Bandit, Reinforcement Learning
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.