Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:28 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, February 20, 2020
What’s in it for you:
- Work on a very high-traffic platform, solving unique challenges only seen on sites of this scale.
- Collaborate in a team environment, with a variety of developers across the United States.
- Contribute directly to the technology, processes and methodology used to solve problems day-to-day.
- Very competitive compensation including meaningful equity in a profitable, mid-stage technology company.
- Fully-paid medical, plus heavily subsidized voluntary dental and vision plans.
- 10 paid holidays, plus additional days of paid time off per year.
- Casual workplace with a fully stocked kitchen including free snacks, soda, Perrier, Mexican Coca. Cola; we also do catered lunches and breakfast weekly, and free massages every other week.
- Located conveniently in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway.
Who we believe will do great in this role:
- At least 3 years of commercial frontend software engineering experience.
- Experience with REST APIs, and/or social network APIs.
- Experience building complex HTML layouts by hand, without a grid system.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent academic background (although not a deal-breaker).
Bonus points if you have:
- Work experience in an Internet startup, particularly in SEO-driven or Ad-driven industries (ie online content, ad tech, social media, etc).
- Experience working in a high-traffic environment or with optimizing code for performance, paint or memory use.
- Working knowledge of advanced CSS concepts such as BEM, OOCSS and SASS.
- Working knowledge of Object Literal, Module Pattern, ES6 or ES20xx.
- Experience using Webpack, NPM or Yarn.
- Expert knowledge of Mobile Web environments and the complexities and inconsistencies the platform brings.
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 60 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company launched as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Read Full Job Description