We’re looking for a Front End Engineer to join our team and help support our rapidly expanding suite of web applications. Over the past two years, our web platform has grown from a simple account management portal to a full-fledged ecommerce site offering over a dozen types of insurance. Beyond our consumer portal, we also provide B2B insurance solutions, including a SAAS platform for brokers and carriers.
You’ll work closely with our designers, backend engineers, and product managers, with a direct impact in the products you’ll be building. As a small distributed team, we rely heavily on effective communication and autonomy in order to build, iterate, and ship rapidly.
What you'll be working on:
- Build modular, readable web apps using React, Redux, and GraphQL, testing everything with Jest and Cypress
- Use Figma and/or Zeplin to bring designs to life
- Resolve bug fixes and support feature requests from our partners
- Refactor or improve existing code
- Review teammates’ pull requests
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our developer experience
What we're looking for:
- Professional experience with React and Redux
- A good understanding of CSS, modular patterns, and responsive web
- A deep understanding of and experience in using APIs and REST
- Knowledge of testing best practices using Jest and Cypress
- Self-sufficiency in managing work to meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent English communication and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts in a clear and concise way
SURE is on a mission to improve every aspect of insurance by reinventing how people interact with insurance. Our e-commerce SaaS and CRM reinvents how people buy insurance, giving carriers and brokers a platform to reach out to customers and provide a hassle-free way to sell and manage insurance policies.
SURE revolutionized insurance in 2015 with the introduction of Episodic Insurance™, making it possible for anyone to purchase on-demand insurance with a smartphone. Today, SURE provides the tools that power global insurance companies and consumer brands to distribute and service any insurance policy digitally. This cohesive ecosystem of managed technology, insurance products, APIs, and Insurance-as-a-Service helps insurance companies and brands manage digital sales, launch new markets, and modernize their systems. Recently, SURE was selected as one of CNBC's Top 100 Startups. SURE has offices in Santa Monica, New York City, and Johannesburg, is licensed in all 50 states, and partners with more than 35 global insurance carriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at SURE is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving and/or employment background. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application which includes work history, education details, and criminal history during or after the interview process. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.