Front End Software Engineer III
The impact you'll make:
- Take ownership of significant features and drive them from development to production
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build new and iterate on existing features
- Help optimize legacy code for improved performance
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Passionate about improving processes and developer productivity
- Pair with other engineers regularly
- Cultivate sense of customer empathy to continue building an exceptional product
What you've accomplished:
- Minimum 2 years of development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an agile environment
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar project tracking software
- Fluency using Git in a team environment
- Professional experience with modern JS libraries and tooling e.g. React, Webpack, etc.
- Expertise in building responsive user-interfaces
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities
- Advanced knowledge of modern browser technologies, cross-browser compatibility issues, and client-side performance considerations
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!