Front End Engineer
About REX - Real Estate Exchange, Inc.
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup located in Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX is expanding nationwide in 2018.
About the Position
REX is rapidly growing and entering new markets and building amazing consumer solutions revolutionizing the real estate buying and selling experience. We are also building amazing digital experiences that allow buyers and sellers to purchase a home without being bothered with traditional real estate middlemen. We’re seeking an exceptional Front End Engineer to join us as we build amazing websites and products for our customers and for our internal team. Every engineer at REX has an outsized impact in leading the development of projects that define the future of the company.
The Front End Engineer will:
- Design user-facing products and internal workflow tools
- Build apps from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-off.
- Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
Experience & Qualifications
Our ideal candidate brings the following:
- Care about building an app right – with attention to clean, well-tested code
- Passion and an understanding of the nuances of web technologies
- Good grasp of React or AngularJS and the concepts behind it
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components and a strong sense for good UI/UX
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with React Native
- Expertise in server side programming
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.
Compensation: Competitive salary with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.