Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300m from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia Capital, and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years.
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly-growing team of engineers. This individual will join the team in building applications and developing our vertically-integrated solutions from the ground up. With a product-focused mindset and commitment to delivering the best user experience possible, you will write client code that interacts with our server and design and implement data models.
You’ll join a pod under one of the following business initiatives:
Smart Storage: This is the core white-glove service that we’ve been providing since Clutter was founded; our goal is to optimize the process of picking up, storing, and returning items for our customers. We write algorithms that calculate the best routes to drive from our warehouse to the customers' location, the best way to store items in the warehouse based on their usage and dimension, and the best way to schedule appointments in the future and to estimate their duration. We also focus on improvements to the customer experience, focusing on reliability, affordability and flexibility of our product.
Moving: In addition to storage, we now provide traditional point A to point B intracity moving. Moving allows us to increase top line revenue as a supplement to the subscription revenue from our Smart Storage customers.
Marketplace: Our newest business unit is our marketplace platform; Clutter works with several national self-storage companies, including Extra Space Storage, the second largest self-storage business in the U.S. The team focuses on saying yes to as many customers as possible by matching them with the best moving and storage solution wherever they may need it.
What you'll do:
- Architect, implement, and launch highly-visible internal and external features and web applications.
- Write performant and testable frontend code with an emphasis on stability, maintainability, and scalability.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team.
- Help shape the future of frontend development at Clutter!
What we're looking for:
- Fluent in current HTML and CSS concepts and APIs including browser support, accessibility, and performance
- 3+ years of experience or commensurate skill developing frontend software with deep experience in one or more relevant frontend frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Ability to get dirty with build tooling, deployment, architecture and other adjacent areas of development
- Bonus points for Ruby/Rails experience, a Computer Science degree, A/B testing, or open source involvement
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - you'll receive an initial stock option grant as well as the ability to earn additional stock options each quarter
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) - PPO, HMO, and HSA plans available
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly stipend for phone and Internet usage
- Equipment - laptop and headset for work usage
- Flexibility to work remotely from any state where we currently operate (CA, WA, OR, NY, NJ, PA, MA, FL, IL)
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.