Front End Developer
Who we are:
With one click Earny (www.earny.com) gets you money! Earny is a personal assistant that automatically gets you money back on almost every purchase. Earny uses low-latency price tracking to identify the lowest possible prices, and obtains refunds using credit card price protection.
Every year, online shoppers in the US lose 50 billion dollars in unclaimed money, and we’ve developed an elegant way of returning that money back to our customers. Our simple customer experience means sophisticated back-end decision-making on their behalf.
We’re currently looking for innovative and passionate people, who are eager to make a difference and play a vital role in Earny’s growth and success.
- Deliver a complete front end application
- Work directly with the design team to build high-fidelity user experiences
- Create RESTful APIs using NodeJS
- Communicate with external web services like Google, Azure & AWS
- Instrument our product with proper telemetry for operations and marketing insights.
- Manage deployments
- Address issues that impact our customer experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of post-graduate experience in software development
- Development experience with Node.js or similar asynchronous programming platform
- Expertise with AngularJS or a similar JS Framework
- TDD Experience.
- Solid grasp of TCP, DNS, HTTP & HTTPS
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Excellent debugging skills using Chrome Dev Tools & NodeJS Inspector
- Familiarity with Continuous INtegration
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Strong git skills including git branch, merge, rebase, & pull-request
- Ability to manage releases from dev and staging into production
- Experience with A/B Testing implementation and analytics tools
- Experience with registration and authorization including OAuth or SAML.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Casual work environment
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.
- Catered lunches 2x per week