Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
About the role:
We are looking for Firmware Engineers to join the team! You will develop firmware that spans across Anduril’s fleet of robots on land, air, and sea. The right person for this role has experience in both consumer electronics and defense technology development environments, and is looking to leverage their passion for firmware and low level development here at Anduril.
What You'll Do:
- Develop microcontroller software using an RTOS
- Develop firmware build, release, and update infrastructure
- Develop reusable device drivers and communications protocol libraries
- Create robotics control systems
- Assist with part selection, board design, and product design efforts
- Create SITL/HITL test fixtures
- Create low-level infrastructure to support safety-critical systems
- Integrate model-based development efforts
- Bring up new boards and toolchains
- Support device manufacturing efforts and operational robotics deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc., or equivalent experience
- Background in low-level firmware architecture, design and development in C
- Low-level device driver development and safety critical systems experience
- Comfortable with typical embedded systems tools, compilers, debuggers and IDEs
- Broad experience with microcontrollers, application processors, revision control systems
- Familiarity with common bus protocols such as USB, MIPI CSI2, SPI, I2C, CAN, RS23, RS485, etc.
- Strong debugging skills through use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Application experience in areas such as robotics, automation, motor control, and sensor fusion
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.