Fandango- Senior Engineer, Content Engineering
Fandango is looking for a Senior level Back End Software Engineer to work with the FandangoNOW Content Engineering team. The Content Engineering team is responsible for the end-to-end technology needs to ingest and process video content from our studio partners and deliver this content to our many supported playback devices. We provide the tools our Content Operations team uses when onboarding and processing all of our great content, as well as the services and systems required to deliver our 90,000+ title catalog of premium movies and TV shows at scale across the USA. From device specific Digital Rights Management (DRM) technologies, streaming formats, encoding codecs, to on-demand packaging, SD resolution to 4K and beyond, content delivery and playback, we wrangle it all. As a software engineer in the Content Engineering team, you will work with a team of other dedicated software engineers to deliver projects and systems that are the core of FandangoNOW’s business. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems as we continue to build great things for fellow movie fans.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve back end software and microservices specific to the video ingest, processing, delivery and playback
- Work at all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
- Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
- Mentor team members with complex technical and design issues
● BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
● A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a back-end or full-stack capacity
● A deep understanding of current software design patterns and principles
● 5 years of experience and understanding in computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
● Experience with a variety of data stores; SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, BaaS, etc.
● Experience with Git and source code control management and branching strategies
● Experience with RESTful APIs, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
● Strong working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
● Experience with DRM content protection schemes like FairPlay, PlayReady, and Widevine
● Experience with media streaming standards like DASH, SmoothStreaming, and HLS, and various compression codecs like h.264 and HEVC
● Experience developing consumer facing software, especially at scale
● Experienced with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure or similar) technologies
● Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
● Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
● Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
● Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
● Experienced with cloud-based architectures at scale
● Focused on users’ Quality of Service
● Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed.
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies.
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to independently solve issues
● You love movies!