InStride is a public benefit company whose mission is to develop the workforce of the future by helping employers provide career-boosting education opportunities to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We believe the most enduring way for companies to achieve transformative business and social impact is by investing in their people.
Working with the Director of Engineering, this role will lead the development and sustainment of our Learner platform and experience. The ideal candidate would have previous experience building web and mobile digital products for large enterprises. A proven track record building and growing engineering teams from the ground up and a passion for our mission !.
In this role, you will lead a few teams of smart engineers that build the SAAS platform using modern technologies along with building apps & services, scalable data architecture, and backend systems using NoSQL databases.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership for a team of engineers, coach, mentor. Able to lead tests to build, deliver, and sustain outstanding learning services platform.
- Be able to lead and be a technical domain specialist for platform architecture discussions and decisions. Help define, contribute, and support the broader Technology strategy.
- Work closely with DevOps, QA, security, product, UX, PMO, and executive teams to meet business needs. Influence without authority, proactively communicate, and meet peers’ expectations.
- Ensure modern engineering methodologies, implement tools and frameworks for software development, security, performance, etc. Ensure on time, on budget, and high-quality results that maximize business value.
- Experience (2+yrs) in leading and delivering large scale, global, high traffic, and highly available consumer-facing web applications and mobile apps. Desirable working with distributed onshore/offshore teams
- Experience (3+yrs) of delivering projects using agile methodologies. Experience delivering SaaS solutions for large enterprise customers. Enjoys leading, developing, and mentoring engineers towards reaching their potential while producing high-impact digital platforms
- Experience with a variety of open-source technologies, working with cloud services (AWS/Azure/GCP), enterprise-grade system design, front-end (Angular, React), and back-end (RESTful APIs, Node.js, Python, microservices, serverless, etc.).
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field and work experience
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.
Read Full Job Description