Engineering Manager at Postmates Inc.
Engineering at Postmates
We’re building groundbreaking tech solutions that power our revolutionary logistics platform to help connect millions of customers with their favorite merchants every day. We’re tackling some of the most complex technical challenges in the modern logistics space to unlock opportunities that positively impact the local businesses and communities we serve.WHAT WE DO
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading one or more teams of engineers on all aspects of product development. You will partner with technical leads, product management, data analytics, business operations and other engineering leaders to build and deliver the roadmap of your teams. You will participate in technical design and planning while providing guidance for engineers to ensure they execute well everyday. Finally, as we’re scaling explosively, you’ll have lots of opportunities to build & grow the teams via hiring & mentoring.
To accomplish this, you are expected to have an established background in building high-performing teams developing highly scalable systems and delivering cross-functional initiatives. You should be somebody who enjoys recruiting & coaching, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results.REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in building impactful and technically complex software systems
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in managing and building engineering teams
- Proven expertise in building large-scale web applications and distributed systems
- Strong product intuition and experience working on consumer based applications
- Accomplished technical leader with strong track record of delivering results at high speed and quality
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in delivery, logistics, or transportation products
- Extensive experience working on major user-facing products
- Prior experience leading full stack engineering teams (mobile, web, backend)