In less than three years, Flowspace has created one of the largest on-demand modern omnichannel fulfillment networks in the country, powered by cloud and mobile technology. We enable hundreds of brands and retailers to dynamically store, fulfill and ship products seamlessly to consumers nationwide from 120+ locations. Join us in our mission to transform a $100 billion warehouse and logistics industry. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
The Engineering Manager plays a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. Additionally, oversee various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and make any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
While we're based on the westside of Los Angeles, we are open to hiring remotely for this role.
What you’ll do
- Leads a team of 5 - 10 engineers.
- Meaningfully contributes to the codebase, identify areas of concern.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to the team.
- Uses experience to define best practices and build a solid and scalable application.
- Mentors the career development of direct reports, both personally and professionally.
- Runs day-to-day engineering efforts: 1:1s, design and code reviews, daily standup, etc.
- Cultivates a culture of excellence through code quality and scalability.
- Grows the team through recruiting and hiring great engineers.
Who we’re looking for
- Have 8+ years experience in software development, preferably at a SaaS startup.
- Have 4+ years in engineering leadership, responsibly for a team of direct reports.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate the team, and a belief in what you're building.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, thrives in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Passion for code quantity, best practices, and defining success metrics.
- Experience in logistics, warehouse management, inventory management, or order management systems.
- Experience at a self-service SaaS company.
• Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, vision, dental, life insurance
• 401K Matching
• A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us.
Read Full Job Description