The finance version of David and Goliath, Dave works hard to help the four in five Americans who live paycheck to paycheck thrive. Dave is a financial ecosystem merging technology and financial wellness to help all Americans achieve financial health and move beyond the current banking industry.
With social impact core to its DNA and Dave’s partnership with Trees for the Future, its users have planted millions of trees, capturing carbon emissions while providing economic opportunities to underserved populations. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, SV Angel, The Chernin Group, Jonathan Kraft, Skip Paul and Diplo, among others.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
We're looking for our first engineering manager! This person will spend the vast majority of their time managing and mentoring team members, but must still be a strong engineer capable of reviewing code and contributing to the codebase when necessary.
- We're looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong engineering background to mentor, motivate, and grow our engineering team
- Write job descriptions and work with recruiters, tech leads, and the engineering director to hire engineers
- Define and execute on an engineering on-boarding process
- Manage goal-setting, motivation, and performance management for individual engineers
- Work with product managers and other leaders to ensure teams and projects are staffed appropriately
- Have regular one-on-ones with individuals on the team to understand pain points and facilitate communication
- Act as a communication conduit between individual contributors and the executive team
- Prepare to scale the engineering team
- Collaborate with tech leads to define tasks and priorities
- Review code
- Remove roadblocks for team members, both technical and otherwise
- Resolve conflicts
- Contribute to internal tools to improve the development process
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ leadership or management experience
- A desire to help others grow and succeed
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental Insurance plan for you and your family
· A brand new computer/equipment of your choosing
· Catered lunch 2x/week
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· Flexible vacation time
· Basketball hoop
· Open and creative office space
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.