Engineering Manager, Mobile at Tinder
Tinder is on a mission to change the world bringing people together and facilitating millions of connections that otherwise might not have been possible. With tens of millions of users and an expansive global presence, our reach is expansive - and rapidly growing. We're looking for an Engineering Manager, that will lead our Engagement Mobile team.
About the role
The Engineering Manager role will be responsible for the Mobile Platform and Features Engagement team for both iOS and Android.
The Engagement team’s mission is to understand user retention, reactivation, and engagement by utilizing a multi-channel communications platform, which includes push notifications, in-app messaging, emails, and modals. In addition to building tools to measure, improve and maintain App performance and reliability.
What You’ll Do
- Lead teams of iOS and Android engineers to build consumer-facing features that reach millions of users globally
- Lead development of new tools and features to improve user retention and engagement
- Define and own the objectives and metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Lead and mentor team members to reach their full potential
- Recruit and build a world-class mobile engineering team
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of iOS or Android engineering experience
- 1+ years of technical leadership experience
- Led a team to ship mobile apps at scale
- Passionate about mobile app development in a collaborative setting
- Wisdom to know when and how to make technical trade-offs
- Someone who is not afraid to make critical decisions and has a bias towards action
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to go above and beyond
- Deep knowledge of mobile architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM, Clean)
About The Team
We are passionate about building world-class products that help millions of people find the right connections. We are a full-stack team that includes mobile, web and backend engineering.
Build client frameworks, features, and services that process and utilize terabytes of data in a quick and reliable way. Run hundreds of experiments simultaneously that help us improve user engagement and retention. Build metrics and monitoring tools that give us higher visibility of the heath of our system.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location