Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Fast Company’s Best App, and covered in the New York Times, Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
What you’ll do:
Supernatural is seeking an Engineering Manager to help us grow our user base. This role will report to the VP of Engineering and own development and support of onboarding flows, subscription flows in the Supernatural VR app on Oculus Quest, the Supernatural Companion App on iOS and Google Play and new user touchpoints in the Supernatural website. Your team will also own development and support of backend services hosted on AWS and GCP. Additionally, your team will contribute to continuous integration, helping to develop and support build server configuration, unit testing, integration testing, performance optimization and more. In short, you will own many important constituent pieces of a large ecosystem.
In addition to deep and broad software development expertise, the ideal candidate will bring a passion for architecting high-quality solutions that operate with high reliability at scale, and the ability to work non-technical statements of intent into actionable technical plans. We can promise you’ll never be bored!
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team including product managers, program managers, designers, QA, marketing and other roles
- Provide technical leadership to your team through planning, prioritization, design review and code reviews
- Define and evolve engineering standards and best-practices
- Contribute to all parts of the employee life-cycle, including recruiting, hiring, managing, and mentoring engineers
- Regularly assess and support the team's maturity, health, and composition as you strive for cohesion and technical excellence in delivery
- Build strong relationships across the Engineering discipline
- Ensure objectives are well-understood by all team members
- Contribute to and help facilitate agile development practices for the team
- Lead post-mortems and retrospectives
- Report regularly on progress and share updates
- Help identify, resolve and escalate roadblocks
- Develop positive working relationships with peers and customers
- Foster a growth mindset, regularly seek out opportunities for improvement
- Lead with empathy and understanding, create a safe space to share ideas
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience growing and managing teams of 5 or more people
- 10+ years of engineering experience overall
- Senior level subject matter expertise in one or more languages and disciplines
- 3+ years of industry experience in mobile and/or gaming development
- Experience developing native apps for iOS and/or Android
- Capable of managing engineers across multiple disciplines and backgrounds
- Proven track record of launching and supporting live products at scale
- Able to mix hands-on technical work with leadership as needed
- Experience developing in Unity, Unreal or an equally robust game engine
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience developing and supporting live services on AWS
- Start-up / entrepreneurial experience
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.