Engineering Manager, Cloud Services
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure. Leveraging large community-supported open solutions, the Engineer Manager for Cloud Services will lead a team of engineers to design, implement and validate strategies for our cloud-based infrastructure and services. You will help our engineering teams serve millions of users worldwide with the highest uptime possible. This will entail ensuring high availability on both production and pre-production systems, while pushing teams towards the low/no-touch operation. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
We have the opening for this position in either our Los Angeles or Silicon Valley office :)
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to prioritize initiatives to deliver the greatest value to the business.
- Collaborate with various functional teams on design and expansion of our infrastructure.
- Have an essential role in developing and maintaining the services in cloud, such as Apache Kafka, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Flink.
- Create different types of services in the cloud for persistent storage, searching, caching and queuing use cases. Work with developers to in writing the connection libraries and the wrappers which will standardize the usage of the services.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of the systems to ensure SLAs are met.
- Recruit, mentor, inspire, and build a high-performing team.
We’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience post education.
- 3+ years professional infrastructure experience post education.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals and software engineering best practices.
- Expertise building cloud infrastructure, service, deployment and monitoring.
- Experience with maintaining the stability and performance of the cloud platform.
- Strong desire to learn about our infrastructure and new technologies..
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Docker containers along with Kubernetes
- Experience with Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Solr, Flink, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience evaluating and using open source solutions that fit business needs
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court in our LA office, fitness classes and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location