Embedded Platform Architect
What You'll Do:
- Lead the firmware and hardware development of various embedded components such as our vehicle to cloud communication platform.
- Work with Electrical/Electronics Engineers, to develop these systems.
- Aid in the development, validation and enhancements of various power electronic products for electric vehicles.
- Develop firmware installation and QC processes for new products.
- Tune system performance & verify operational efficiencies.
- Design with regulatory bodies in mind.
- Take finished products through all certifications for international use.
What You'll Need:
- Experience developing firmware for tracking devices, control systems, and RF products.
- Strong experience and proficiency in embedded languages, particularly with C.
- Experience with firmware development, testing, and debugging.
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications.
- Knowledge of PCB design, Using schematic capture and layout tools. Altium preferred.
- Knowledge of version control tools (GIT, SVN, or the like)
- Experience with Firmware Over the Air Process
- Experience developing Bootloaders and programming over CAN
- Experience with ST microcontrollers
- Experience with Nordic Semiconductor platforms
- Experience with FCC, CE, UL regulatory bodies and requirements
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching team members.
- LTE Cat M1 Experience
- Multi Band GNSS Experience
- Wifi ExperienceNFC Experience
- Experience with MVNO operation
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.