Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We are looking for an Email Developer to help our Retention Marketing team from our Santa Monica office.
We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Email Developer grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Sr Retention Marketing Manager
A typical day as an Email Developer might include:
- Teaming up with the Retention Marketing team to support Leaf Group brands through email production.
- Managing email production deliverables against brand needs and deadlines.
- Coding and set up of email creative for internal team QA and approvals.
- Assisting with product focused adhoc projects as needed.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across marketplace and media brands.
You’ll be successful if you have end-to-end email campaign production experience: HTML & CSS coding, QA, and deployment of marketing communication programs on ESP platforms.
What You Have:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Email development, including coding emails using HTML and CSS, conducting rendering testing across email clients and mobile devices, as well as some light work on design modification and image creation.
- Code emails using HTML, CSS. LiquidScript experience is a plus.
- Light front-end development work as needed.
- QA and A/B testing skills.
- Responsive design and optimize emails for mobile devices.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or other design application.
- Working knowledge of SQL is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in creation, set up and deployment of email with an enterprise-level email platform.
- Thorough knowledge of project planning, development, and delivery best practices.
- Quickly assess new projects to identify level of effort and resources needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.