Electrical Systems Validation Sr. Manager
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Implement validation process for EE systems , from component level to vehicle level
- Collaborate to develop and drive SW release process
- Collaborate on requirements development to foster a modern approach - at Bird we want to stay right sized, and avoid silo’s where test is only utilized at the end of development.
- Subsystem and component HIL creation for integration testing and validation
- Develop Test Routines for component/subsystem HIL and vehicle test bed (dyne)
- Support Design Teams by planning and managing EE and FW integration testing
- Co-develop and contribute to ongoing refinement of functional requirements
- Develop tools and test setups to automate safety critical testing for rapid release schedules
- Evaluate EE and firmware field issues and grow the test cases
- Develop Validation strategies that are lightweight enough for startup pace, but robust enough for high volume deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in Design Verification/Process Validation testing
- Embeded controls testing experience- preferably automotive
- Experience with automated and semi automated HIL testing
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO 26262, UL and GB/T
- Experience working with suppliers
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) communication interface
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe/ CANalyzer
- Strong ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- A creative curiosity, collaborative work ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self starting
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description