Electrical Engineer - Digital Designer at Epirus
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:21 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Our team combines seasoned aerospace engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace the best practices from Silicon Valley innovation such as agile development and deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective: A generalist electrical engineer is desired for this role. General electrical engineering skills will be utilized in this role, which include circuit design (analog, RF, digital), power system design, and signal processing.
- Work on printed circuit board or connectorized or computer aided circuit designs
- Perform signal processing analysis in Matlab or equivalent
- Circuit simulations in SPICE or ADS
- PCB design for DC, RF, and mixed signal systems
- Test and measure circuits and mixed signal digital transceivers for fully-digital RF phased arrays, including bench and anechoic chamber testing
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ engineering design experience
- US Citizen (future security clearance may be required)
- Aerospace/Defense experience and/or military experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Circuits design tool, such as VHDL, SPICE, ADS
- Embedded computing, DSP, and high-speed IO (Xilinx/Intel FPGAs, SerDes, Nvidia GPU, ARM)
- Analog, digital, and mixed signal PCB design including SPICE Simulation/Modeling from Radio to THz
- Experience with RF design and high-speed direct RF conversion (ADC/DACs
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwave, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description