E-mail Developer + Production Specialist at sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
If you’re already a first-rate email coder, yet are still hungry to put new languages and executions into market (hello AMP!), this role is for you. It requires an individual with excellent HTML5/CSS3 skills, extensive email development experience, teamwork, organization/project management, enviable attention to detail, and most importantly a passion for crafting beautiful and creative experiences in the inbox. Not only will you design cutting-edge interactive emails, but you will also be responsible for assembling them in our ESP and scheduling their deployment.
- Write expert code (e.g. start-from-scratch hand-coding of new elements vs changing out content between tags):
- HTML, CSS, and familiarity with, or hunger to learn, AMP (alternative text/x-amp-html MIME part containing AMPHTML markup that sits beside the usual text/html and text/plain parts)
- Responsive formatting + Amazon Alexa verbal readibility
- Create scalable, dynamic content logic using our ESP’s templating language and connecting to our backend data systems; build flexible layouts that accommodate inclusion of variable data like customer profile information from our CRM or a different png image based on directions from our machine learning algorithm
- Troubleshoot existing HTML to recommend improvements + develop methodology to organize code pieces and train the team
- Engage in a fruitful two-way dialogue with creative/content team: translate design comps/ideas into bulletproof code to power engaging email experiences, but also let your thirst for innovative executions provide the creative team new parameters to design within
- Showcase your development ideas via simple mock up or wireframe to explain to the team
- Slice & convert PSD files
- Assemble email components in ESP
- Use Email on Acid and/or Litmus to preview & test designs among devices, browsers and mail clients; QA email proofs
- Ensure utilization of deliverability best practices and compliance of content submitted is correct and follows brand standards, privacy, spam regulation (CAN-SPAM), web accessibility/ADA compliance, etc.
- Create audiences within ESP segmentation tools or import targeted lists; versioning/creating control groups as necessary
- Schedule and deploy then pull Google Analytics performance figures post campaign deployment
- Partner with internal stakeholders and/or vendors on projects to meet target deadlines; excellence in project management skills required; familiarity with PM tools such as Jira, Monday, etc. helpful
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of Email Design and Development
- Knowledge of: Photoshop (InDesign/Dreamweaver a plus), HTML5, CSS3, and AMP
- A strong understanding of adaptive, interactive, mobile first-design and usability principles
- Experience with Responsys, Salesforce, Braze, Epsilon/Cheetah or other first-tier enterprise ESP
- Familiarity with Google tags and W3C standards and specifications
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT and/or Subversion
- Exceptionally high attention to detail, maintaining design integrity during the build process
- Basic SQL and understanding of relational databases a plus!
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.