DIRECTOR, TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
The Operations organization is responsible for ensuring TeleSign’s services are delivered to our customers on a 24 x 7 basis at levels of quality that distinguish our offering from that of the competition. The Director of Technology Operations is responsible for management of the operations organization located in Marina del Rey, CA office. Along with ensuring TeleSign meets its availability SLA with its customers, this role sets project and task priorities based on overall Engineering and Operations needs by working with Operations project management, systems administrators, database administrators, network engineering and security personnel.
The successful candidate will provide day-to-day management of Operations staff and cooperatively work with different departments that include Development, Quality Assurance, Client Services, Sales and Finance. This will aid in deploying releases per the release schedule, supporting customer inquiries, delivering operational event post mortems, and measuring and planning infrastructure resources.
- Oversee and coordinate activities including but not limited to daily operations calls and timely follow-ups.
- Be responsible for operational hiring, budgeting, staff training and performance planning.
- Provide input to tactical priorities based on trends from an operational standpoint.
- Represent Operations in key engineering meetings associated with releases, architectural discussions, performance improvements, and problem resolution.
- Interface with Operations, Engineering, and Client Services management as needed for status, operational events, and release management.
- Collaborate with Client Services and Management in the development of post mortems for customer impacting operational events.
- Perform staff 1-1s, annual performance evaluations and recommendations for staff quarterly bonuses based on objectives and performance.
- Join in budget creation and planning, capacity, performance modeling, operations interviews, quarterly MBOs, Sev1/Sev2 post mortems.
- Manage and integrate the global operations organization by identifying key priorities and blending corporate, organizational and tactical responses to real-time needs.
- Provide management and technical support to operational staff to help meet corporate and individual goals. Technical support would be based on historical expertise in systems administration, network engineering and/or database administration.
- Work with Operations project managers to develop and manage project plans and tasks for Operations sponsored projects.
- Coordinate with the Security team to ensure security roadmap is progressed to meet security and business needs.
- Develop KPI and measurements to represent strengths and weaknesses within operations and identify new activities that will institute a continuous improvement culture.
- Run the TeleSign Change Management process with assistance of Operations Project Management.
- 5+ years of operations management, preferably in a cloud based or software as a service business.
- Proven management leadership experience in overseeing operational staff & disciplines that include network engineering, database administration, systems administration and DevOps roles.
- Practical historical experience in Linux systems administration, network engineering or database administration
- Hands-on or management experience in implementing release management and infrastructure deployment using DevOps automated methods (i.e. Puppet, Terraform).
- Able to support 24X7 nature of Operations including oversight of Operations response to service events.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills with all levels of the TeleSign team.
- Highly organized and able to deal with a dynamic changing environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with JIRA.
- Experience with the Agile Development Lifecycle.
- Familiarity with voice communications and SMS messaging technology and terminology is a definite plus.
- 5+ years managing teams that are responsible for designing, analyzing, troubleshooting a 24x7 service with a committed SLA.
- 3+ years supporting multi-tier Internet application platforms, especially service-oriented architecture.
- 3+ years of experience building and supporting Virtualization technologies VMware systems.
- Experience in datacenter (storage & compute) resource allocation, planning, sizing and optimization.
- Experience with cloud providers – AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience with telecom SMS messaging protocols is a plus.
- Ability to work with others well and participate on cross-technology teams.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.