Director of Reliability, Test & Validation
The Director of Reliability, Test & Validation will be responsible is to ensure primary project objectives are met for system level testing and validation including interpretation of test specifications and test plans, reliability requirements,scheduling and cost budgeting, test project planning, test lab design and management; and budget goals. Will lead three departments: Reliability Engineering, Failure Analysis, and Test Engineering.
2. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage a test group and facilities to:
- Provide electrical and mechanical validation testing at the subassembly and system level to support R&D during product development
- Define and perform a full range of reliability and environmental testing during development and production phases
- Perform failure analysis on factory and field failures
- Work with Hardware Engineering and Quality to establish standard validation and reliability test requirements and processes for our EV charging products
- Perform validation and ongoing reliability testing on all product lines
- Manage outside testing labs and processes as required
- Review partner testing and run additional testing as required
- Work with all facets of the product and production team, including thermal, mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, and firmware engineering.
- Expert in test plan development from customer requirements and test specifications.
- Plan for additional test equipment to meet expanding product lines and testing requirements.
- Working knowledge of system level and mechanical testing.
- Experienced in compiling data and test results into high-level presentations and presenting to customers.
- Manage Organization’s High-Level Goals and Responsibilities Including:
- Provide timely feedback to the design and production engineers to make changes as needed that results in a product with highest reliability and quality
- Provide guidance and support to manufacturing and quality to achieve six sigma targets
- Reduce system and reputation costs associated with field failures, customer returns, and customer dissatisfaction
- Set and ensure long-term reliability targets are achieved for all product across the board
- Provide test plans and direction on meeting customer system requirements
- Provide Troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis capabilities to the Company by developing and implementing First Level Failure Analysis lab capabilities at Romeo Power Technology
- Provide testing services to production, design, R&D, Advanced Technology, and component validation teams
- Establish data science services that provide rapid, accurate reporting on large test data sets
- Provide cost effective system test solutions and reduce the reliance on system level turn key solutions
- Deep understanding of reliability testing, design for reliability, test equipment, test plan development, and ensuring world class product reliability
- Manage and scale for growth by building the organizational structure, standard methods, and processes
- Key decision maker in test sequences and test execution methodology
- Oversee that all reliability, test engineering, and validation activities are exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- A mindset on the broad scale. A company-wide view will be imperative to actively navigate and support corporate strategic projects and programs across our all reliability activities
- Experience leading a diverse set of technical teams to support product reliability and test technology and innovation improvement and development
- Experience leading development test life cycle process and standard methodologies
- Possess extraordinary organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills,conducive to team development, and company-wide network building
- Build relationships and strive to partner and collaborate with individuals at all levels
- Ability to influence and build consensus on product testing and process changes
- Provide input to team on test setups and testing strategies
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally
3. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering
- 10+ Years of hands on test experience in mechanical, environmental, and electrical testing
- Experience leading world class test organizations
- Experience capturing data, write test reports, and communicating any test issues
4. Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead to hit program goals and objectives
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A. We design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.