TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
The Director of TeleSign’s Security Office will oversee all aspects of TeleSign’s security practice. The Director develops and maintains enterprise information, cyber security and data protection practices and policies, ensuring technology and services have robust cyber security and data protection; oversees vendor risk assessments and influences user behavior to ensure that information, cyber assets, and systems are adequately protected.
The Director is responsible for managing information risks related to product development, technology solutions, crisis management and regulatory compliance. The role also directs the adoption and implementation security policies and procedures across the enterprise, manages cyber threat analysis activities, and guides the development of the information security technical architecture, security standards and guidelines for computer platforms, applications and networks across the enterprise.
The scope of the Security Office includes all physical TeleSign locations including the LA headquarters, Belgrade (Serbia), and data centers in the US and EU. The team environment is innovative, fast-paced, intellectually challenging and dynamic. You will need advanced research, troubleshooting, and people skills; the ability to work collaboratively; strong analytical skills; a great work ethic; and a drive to succeed.
- Lead information security risk management activities. Oversee employees and vendors who safeguard the company’s assets, intellectual property and computer systems.
- Define and manage the IT security policies and environment consistent with the enterprise architecture and information security and privacy strategy.
- Ensure ongoing analysis of information security threats, vulnerabilities, and market trends. Identify and contain emerging threats before they can have a negative impact on business operations.
- Develop and maintain an effective information security architectural approach, ensuring that the approach is implemented in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Liaison with corporate audit and risk to maintain a balance between security control compliance and usability.
- Evaluate and prioritize technology and business risks based on business capability exposure and construct an overall strategy to mitigate those risks.
- Determine the relevant regulatory requirements, develop strategies for the application of technology to meet those regulatory requirements, maintain an audit-ready posture, and promote a strong security culture throughout the company.
- Work with user and technical groups and internal auditors in the development and implementation of a security strategy designed to provide a high level of security over technology and infrastructure while preserving and enhancing facility and system usability.
- CISSP required
- Minimum 12-15 years IT experience in an enterprise environment supporting Linux, Windows and Database server environments, including 3+ years in a leadership position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security or equivalent
- Some domestic & international travel will be required
- Master’s Degree in Information Security or Business Administration
- Previous security role within cloud-based service
- Experience in a fast moving, agile development-based environment, preferably SaaS or cloud delivering based product offerings
- Be comfortable presenting to senior executives and the Board of Directors
- Should have experience with business continuity planning, IT audit, risk management, security operations, and incident response, as well as contract and vendor negotiation
- Hands-on experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant security solutions
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructures
- Knowledge of monitoring/alerting systems
- Familiarity with voice telecom and SMS messaging terminology
- IAPP privacy certification is a plus
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.