Director of Engineering at ChowNow
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Ramp Camp) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products.
- Learn our hiring process by meeting with Recruiting and participating in the process for open roles in the Engineering organization.
- Get to know the team, people, and products by meeting with team members across the entire organization and participating in team sessions such as leadership meetings, staffing planning, and agile ceremonies.
- Understand the current organizational and squad structure and begin to think about the future.
Within 2 months, you’ll…
- Understand the landscape of product and technical projects underway and needed for the future.
- Work with Recruiting to make our hiring process more efficient and find quality talent - make your first ChowNow hire!
- Continue to grow the team, hire excellent engineers and leaders, introduce structure where needed, and contribute to planning for our product and technical roadmap.
- Through 1:1s and team sessions, learn your team members’ areas of strength and opportunity so that you can better coach them.
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering and Product leaders.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Collaborate on defining high-level technology roadmap addressing tech debt, product roadmap, and other needs.
- Provide on-going constructive feedback and guidance to your team members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent application of engineering practices.
- Lead evolution of software development process and practices supporting growth of the team and new product initiatives.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Level up a member of your team.
- Contribute to building software engineering culture based on collaboration, inclusion, support, measuring and tracking results, and constant improvement.
- Engage in local and virtual engineering and start-up communities to contribute to building a strong ChowNow engineering brand.
You should apply if:
- You have several years of experience managing a multi-discipline engineering team and managing other managers, and are comfortable with local and remote management.
- You enjoy managing people and helping them grow their careers.
- You have scaled Engineering teams in a high growth environment and care about team culture and diversity. You can be flexible and creative when it comes to building your team.
- You have experience managing teams in an agile environment and implementing/introducing agile development best practices.
- You have strong expertise in building large-scale web applications and distributed systems hosted on cloud services such as AWS. You know what it takes to build, deploy, and support SaaS services.
- You have a solid technical background and can contribute to design and architectural discussions.
- You are a thoughtful mentor and leader who loves supporting your team and collaborating with others to achieve great things.
- You have experience managing software teams writing code in Python, React, Native iOS and Android applications.
- Your communication skills are top notch.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap